1 ½ cups Gluten free All Purpose Flour Blend
1 cup Brown sugar
½ cup Cocoa Powder
1 ¼ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup Almond or coconut milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ cup Olive oil
2 tbsp applesauce
1 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 Flax egg
1 cup Coconut Cream
1 cup Cherry Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 180 degrees Celsius).
2. Grease two 7 inch round cake tins with coconut oil and cut out circles of parchment paper for the base.
3. Sift the gluten free flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the sugar, baking soda and salt and mix together.
5. Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp ground flax seed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute.
6. Pour in the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk), vanilla extract, olive oil, white vinegar, applesauce, walnuts, raisins and mix.
7. Add the flax egg and mix in.
8. Pour the mix in cake tin and place into the oven to bake for ~30 minutes.
9. After 30 minutes check if they are ready by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean it’s ready. If not, put it back in for another 5 minutes and then check again.
10. Move to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
11. Prepare the whipped coconut cream by using an electric whisk
12. Whisk up until smooth.
13. Place the whipped coconut cream into the refrigerator to firm up for about an hour (This will be when the cake is cooling anyway).
14. When the cream is cooled and firm, whisk it up again with an electric whisk until it’s the right consistency to top onto cake.
15. Top the slice of caked with coconut cream and cherry sauce. Enjoy!This cake will keep properly covered in a cake dish for a few days, but of course it’s best when fresh.